Mike King, Clinical Operations Director, as Data Controller and
Asclepius OHS Ltd. as Data Processor, are committed to protecting the rights of the individual and acknowledge that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with
the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
What Data will be collected?
following data maybe collected, held and shared by Asclepius OHS Ltd.:
- Personal information (e.g. Name, Address, Date of Birth,
- Characteristics (ethnicity, gender)
- Past and present Job roles
- Health Records
Who will it be collected from?
- Human Resources
- Company Executives
- Occupational Health Physicians, Specialist Occupational
Health Practitioners and other clinical staff working for or on behalf of Asclepius OHS Ltd.
- General Practitioners or other NHS health
- Third Party (e.g. OH clinics working on behalf of Asclepius
OHS Ltd. Under direct instruction)
How will it be collected?
- Via Apollo.Direct (Web-based, secure network Occupational
Why is it collected?
- For the purposes of preventative or Occupational Medicine, for
the assessment of the working capacity of the employee. To ensure the health and safety of the employees at work and to allow consideration of any adjustments that may be required to support their
ability to work.
- Data may also be used for research, audit or statistics, but
will be anonymised if this is the case.
Lawful Basis for processing the information
- Lawful basis for processing this sensitive personal
information is by consent from the individual, in written, electronic or verbal consent.
- Additional condition - Article 9 (2)(h) specifically
authorises processing of data as Occupational Medicine is a special category thus “processing is necessary for the purposes of Occupational Medicine” and Article 9 (3) which states
that processing is permitted “When these data are processed by a regulated health professional”
How long will data be held for ?
- Management referral information will be held for 7 years
after the employee has left their job or 75 years of age (whichever is soonest) as recommended by the British Medical Association (BMA)
- Pre-placement medicals will be discarded after 2 years if
the employee doesn’t take up the offer of the job
- 40 years in relation to Health Surveillance as required by
the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
How will the data be stored?
- Your records will be stored in accordance with Asclepius
OHS Ltd.’s medical records storage policy following GDPR regulations.
Who will my information be shared with
- We may share information about you with
third parties working on our behalf. This will only be done with your consent, which shall be obtained prior to the release of any personal data to such persons.
What are your rights
You have the right to see any information we hold about you in your Occupational Health
record. The request should be made in writing and should be responded to within 4 weeks without charge. You can also request that an amendment is attached to your health record if you believe any of
the information held by Asclepius OHS Ltd. is inaccurate or misleading.